Compassionate Chicago automotive products liability attorneys help keep your financial future safe
Those who make and sell automotive products have a duty to ensure that those products are safe and will not cause harm to the people who use them. When someone is injured by an unsafe product, he or she has the right to bring a personal injury claim, also called a products liability claim, to recover compensation for injuries against the manufacturer of the product. In products liability claims, the automobile manufacturer and possibly the seller are responsible for any injuries, including wrongful death, caused by a defect in their product. This is true even if the manufacturer and the seller used reasonable care in the making or selling of the automobile or the automotive part.
The Chicago automotive products liability attorneys of Phillips Law Offices have been assisting clients injured by automotive defects for over 65 years. If you were injured as a result of a defective automotive product, you should contact our transportation lawyers immediately for expert advice on your case.
Types of automotive defects
Before filing a claim with one of our Chicago personal injury attorneys, it’s important that you understand what kinds of automotive defects you could be faced with. The major types of automobile defects include:
- Defective fuel systems. Can turn minor accidents into major ones by sparking post-collision fires.
- Tire defects.Tread separation and tire blowouts can cause rollovers and other serious accidents and injuries when tires are poorly designed and manufactured.
- Seat and seat belt defects.Occur when the seats in an automobile are not manufactured to strict crashworthiness standards. They can collapse during a wreck, resulting in serious injuries to drivers and passengers.
- Air bag defects.Include air bags that fail to deploy when they should, air bags that deploy late, and air bags that are too powerful and cause catastrophic injuries.
- Rollovers and crushed roofs.Injuries can increase exponentially when roofs crush inward due to design defects.
- Crashworthiness.Auto manufacturers have a responsibility to design cars to protect drivers and passengers from being unnecessarily injured or killed. That legal principle is called crashworthiness.
Who can file a products liability claim?
When a defective product causes an otherwise avoidable accident or injury, the manufacturer can be held legally responsible. Therefore, anyone injured by a defect in their automobile has the right to bring a products liability claim against the car manufacturer.
Products liability claims are an important way to ensure that those who make products that cause harm to people are either improved or removed from the market before others can get hurt. If you have been injured by an automobile defect, contact our experienced Illinois accident lawyers at Phillips Law Offices for more information.
Set up your free consultation with a respected Chicago automotive products liability lawyer
If you or someone you love has been injured by a defective automobile product, you should contact a Chicago seatbelt injury attorney right away. The lawyers at Phillips Law Offices offer quality and comprehensive legal services to the injured and their families throughout Illinois. Call (312) 346-4262 or contact us online today for a free consultation with a Chicago seatbelt injury lawyer about your case.