Chicago Products Liability Attorneys Come to Your Assistance
Compensation for when products cause injuries
For over 65 years the Chicago attorneys of the Phillips Law Offices have been assisting Illinois clients injured as a result of dangerous, defective, malfunctioning, or negligently manufactured and/or maintained products.
Recovering from those responsible
The products you purchase from retail stores, wholesalers, supermarkets, or specialty outlets are manufactured with implicit guarantees:
- The item is not defective
- You, the purchaser, will be safe if the product is used as intended
If a purchased product causes injury or property damage when it has been used in an appropriate manner, you may have a claim to recover damages. In fact, if you have been loaned or given a defective or negligent product you may also file a products liability claim.
Chicago personal injury lawyers from Phillips Law Offices assess the personal injury, and file a claim against the manufacturer or party responsible for the flaw in the product. We then gather enough evidence to show that the product was indeed defective, and through a settlement or trial fight to obtain the compensation you deserve. Our years of experience with Illinois accident law help us to create the possible case for you.
Main areas in products liability
In considering your case, our lawyers determine which of the four main categories designated for defective products your claim may fall into for the purpose of filing a products liability claim:
- Design defects—flaws in the item’s conceptual design
- Manufacturing defects—defects which occur during manufacturing
- Defects in marketing—improper instructions or failures to inform consumers of potential and latent dangers in the product
- Defects in warnings
A wide variety of dangerous products
Nearly every type and variety of product is subject to potential liability claims. Below is a short list of common defective products that have a high potential for injury:
- Automobiles and automobile products—auto recalls, tires, car seats, safety belts, seats, brakes, etc.
- Foods—from grocery stores, fast food establishments, and edible products from other type of purveyors
- Medicines— pharmaceuticals, over-the-counter drugs, prescriptions, diet pills, birth control, homeopathic solutions, etc.
- Cosmetics—mascara, eyeliner, lipstick, etc.
- Medical devices and rehabilitative healthcare products
- Baby strollers and baby feeding bottles
- Children’s toys, swing sets, bikes, and sporting goods
- Industrial machines
Talk to an experienced Chicago auto defect attorney today about your claim
If you or a loved one has been injured by what you believe is a dangerous product, one of our experienced products liability attorneys can evaluate your situation to determine if you have a case and the best way to proceed. Call 312-620-1106, or contact us online today for a free consultation with one of our attorneys about your case.