Chicago Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer
Finding a Chicago traumatic brain injury lawyer who will fight for you
The attorneys of Phillips Law Offices are considered among the top brain injury and spinal cord injury attorneys by other brain and spinal injury lawyers throughout Illinois. Our experience includes multimillion-dollar brain and spinal cord injury cases. After more than 65 years, our lawyers continue to help injury victims, protect their legal rights, and advocate aggressively on their behalf.
What is traumatic brain injury (TBI)?
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is a complex injury with a broad spectrum of symptoms and disabilities. The impact on a person and his or her family can be devastating. TBI is a common injury and may be missed initially when the medical team is focused on saving the individual’s life.
Before medical knowledge and technology advanced to control breathing with respirators and decrease intracranial pressure, which is the pressure in the fluid surrounding the brain, the death rate from traumatic brain injuries was very high. Although the medical technology has advanced significantly, the effects of TBI are significant.
What causes TBI?
The causes of TBI are diverse. The top three causes are cars accidents, firearms and falls. Firearm injuries are often fatal; nine out of ten people die from their injuries. Young adults and the elderly are the age groups at highest risk for TBI. Along with a traumatic brain injury, persons are also susceptible to spinal cord injuries which are another type of traumatic injury that can result from vehicle crashes, firearms and falls. Consulting with a trusted Illinois wrongful death lawyer may help.
KNOWLEDGEABLE, EXPERIENCED ATTORNEYS
Our knowledgeable and experienced personal injury attorneys handle the most serious and catastrophic brain and spinal cord injury cases involving but not limited to:
- Skull Fractures
- Brain Herniations
- A Coma
- Blurry Vision
- Chiari Malformation
- Loss of Memory
- Loss of Hearing
How we can help
For 65 years the attorneys at Phillips Law Offices have utilized every tool to fully compensate victims of TBI. Our Illinois accident lawyers will fight tirelessly for you. This can include hiring:
- Medical experts: to testify about how to diagnose and treat the most sophisticated injuries, but just as importantly, to effectively communicate their findings to a jury
- Economists: to establish the monetary losses of our clients
- Vocational rehabilitationists: to establish the impact of the injury on the client’s earning capacity
- Life care planners: to establish future care needs and the costs involved
- Accident reconstruction experts: to explain in detail how the accident happened
- Medical illustrators: to illustrate clients’ injuries, surgeries, and anatomy
- Computer and animation experts: to depict various issues in cases and powerfully communicate their importance
Chicago traumatic brain injury lawyers assisting families for more than 65 years
Traumatic brain injuries are serious, complex issues. You may need additional help to care for yourself or a loved one who’s been suffering. At the Phillips Law Offices, we offer comprehensive legal services for our clients in need. Call (312) 346-4262, or contact us online today for a free consultation with one of our attorneys about your case.